GBE2 WK 35 : Pet Peeves
The meaning of "pet peeves" vary depending on who is doing the defining. One might say that it is a minor annoyance, and another that it is a major annoyance. The one thing most agree on that it is something that "annoys" the person experiencing it. Rather than figuring out which type of annoyance is being considered here, let me just say I have a basket full of both, minor, and major pet peeves.
Let's just cut to the core of this bitter sweet fruit, shall we? How about a brief list, that will make this an easier task (and less boring for you ;-)
Minor Pet Peeves
- Leaving the seat up
- Cross contamination of food (crumbs in the butter, mayo, jelly, etc…)
- Touching anything while cooking without washing your hands
- Not picking up after yourself (provided it affects me at all ;-)
- People who blare their music near me, so that I cannot enjoy my own space
Major Pet Peeves
- Hypocrites with boisterous opinions
- People who judge another without any understanding of their situation
- Hearing the combination "You should…" in any conversation.. serves no purpose other than to inflict a guilt based reaction from the person it is said to.
- Sheeple, yep, that's probably my biggest peeve… people who follow others just because it looks like the thing to do. I like people to think! Even if they have a completely different view from mine. I like diversity, especially in thinkers.
See, less boring ;-)