Glimpses

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Unbroken~ (Scriptic)


An unmistakable crunch beneath her feet pulled her eyes to the floor. Kyle's 1930's Jocko the Climbing Monkey toy was a bit flatter than she remembered it.

Kyle was standing in front of her shaking his head. With a smile on fire and a gleam in her eyes, she turned to face him and said "Kiss me, and tell me it's not broken."

He shook his head and swept her up off of her feet, and into his arms. He looked into her blue, grey eyes and leaned in slowly, then winked and dropped her on the bed, "You don't think I'm that easy do you?" 

While he was walking away, she shook her head, it was only a little toy she broke. "He's a grown man, what difference does it make that he has had it since he was a kid, he's not a kid anymore, dammit."




For the Scriptic.org prompt exchange this week, Grace O'Malley at http://www.librivore.com gave me this prompt: Kiss me and tell me it's not broken.'

I gave Amanda at 
http://www.lastmomonearth.com this prompt: Something had to be done before the last bit of light faded.
 
 
 
 
Images used in this blog are either mine or come from Morguefiles unless indicated otherwise.

11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks d~ I wasn't sure if there was enough story to let it be, but in the midst of a hurried life, it was going to have to be enough.

      Delete
  2. "a bit flatter than she remembered it." I love how you turn a phrase, k~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just wanted to pop in here (sorry - lost your email address!) and say that I miss not being able to read you. I hope all is well with you, and hope to see you post again soon =)

      Delete
    2. Just wanted to pop in here (sorry - lost your email address!) and say that I miss not being able to read you. I hope all is well with you, and hope to see you post again soon =)

      Delete
    3. Thanks for missing me :-)(or my words)

      Delete
  3. I like "With a smile on fire and a gleam in her eyes," that's a smokin' smile ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's an impish gal. The man reminds me of my husband - he has toys from way back in his childhood and he is very much protective of them. I know better than to mess with his toys - but his children don't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HaHahahah... I can see how that might be fun to watch from time to time.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments, and constructive criticism is welcome!

“To bring anything into your life, imagine that it's already there.”

- Richard Bach

Blog Awards Received

Blog Awards Received