Glimpses

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Lillies Revelation (100 Word Song)


This week's 100 Word Song challenge inspiration is the Beatles "Revolution" chosen for Lance and Leeroy by Barbara at The Purple Moose Gazette.



Lillie's life was changed on the way to a friend's wedding, in ways she has yet to discover. This is a continuing story about Lillie through the 100 Word Song Challenge. Last weeks 100 words are here, and the story in its entirety can be found here.


Lillies Revelation~

Lillie was tired of Trevor talking away from her, she stomped over to him and shook him from behind. "I'm right here dumbass. Quit pretending you don't see me, it's starting to piss me off."

Trevor felt a strong shudder strong enough for him to jump up from the bed and look around the room.

"Is someone here?" he asked.

Lillie was fuming, her patience had been stretched as far as it could be. She walked over to the bed, and started screaming at the occupant.

As Lillie's eyes met her own, the radio blared out "…talkin' bout a revolution…"

13 comments:

  1. This is awesome...love how the song comes into play, the internal struggle of rage inside...feeling this segment...perhaps because it also makes me think of my husband's amazing talent at listening...and how he can turn it off and on on a dime...grrr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natasha. Men have an easier time of that turning the listening on and off again, I think. They are wired a bit differently.

      Delete
  2. Maybe Lillie should just jump on her physical body.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grrr....it cut off the rest of my comment.

      The frustration is coming through loud and clear. Is physical lillie going to wake up?

      Delete
    2. Now I can't tell you that yet ;-) She will make a move in that direction though.

      Delete
  3. OMG, I didn't have time last week to get caught up on this story and I have no idea what's going on. This weekend, I promise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ;-) Not to worry, even if you miss some, all the parts are in one place to fill you in.

      Delete
  4. Wow. It's hard to tell if she's having an out of body experience or is actually dead or dying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard for her to figure that out too Jessie ;-)

      Delete
  5. "Trevor felt a strong shudder" - I felt very much the same when I read of Lillie's attempts to get his attention.

    I can imagine all her rage - mingled with new fear - unleashing in that final scream. I can't wait to see where this goes from here...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you t, I am looking forward to this next 100 myself:-)

      Delete
  6. Her frustration is coming through and I find myself on edge with her.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments, and constructive criticism is welcome!

“To bring anything into your life, imagine that it's already there.”

- Richard Bach

Blog Awards Received

Blog Awards Received